Monday 12 December 2011

UAE | Embassy Receptions: 40th Anniversary of Russia-UAE Relations

Little Russian Ballet Dancers

A special reception was held to mark the 40th Anniversary of the bilateral relations between the Russian Federation and the UAE.

Salmon Roe on Baguette??

I don't eat fish eggs but I guess it should've been served on a thin slice of rye bread or something..! The baguette looked too thick and too dry, perhaps..?

My favourite Russian dumplings (stuffed with lamb and beef)

I love these Russian dumplings called "Pelmeni". Sadly I didn't find any sour cream that serves as a condiment but they were nevertheless so incredibly yummy!!

I used to go for Eastern European food fairly often whilst in New York. And I just love the food!!

Beef Stroganoff

There were also 'Pirozhki' (stuffed savoury buns) and buckwheat kasha that I was familiar with back in New York. I would've liked to try Pirozhki but I was already way too stuffed!





No comments:

Post a Comment