Friday 9 December 2011

UAE | Embassy Receptions: Thai King's Birthday


On Thursday I attended a reception to commemorate the 84th anniversary of Thailand's King Bhumibol's birthday. Once I'd spent his birthday in Thailand and saw how joyous the celebration was. It's clear to anyone how popular a king he really is with the Thais.

Pad Thai

A number of popular Thai dishes such as Tom Yam Kung, Thai Green Currey, Red Currey, Spring Rolls, Fried Prawn Cakes and etc, were offered amongst other international dishes.

Pad Thai is not really my cup of tea but it's undoubtedly one of the most popular Thai dishes.

All yummy!


Squid Salad

I generally love all sorts of Thai salads but this one was a little underseasoned and bland...


Thai silk dresses looked colourful. The dance performance to the authentic Thai music was a nice touch to the reception. Yet, I must admit that to my eye, the previous day's Kazakh reception had definitely made a much stronger impact on me..!


No comments:

Post a Comment